Erectile Dysfunction Specialist in Greenville, NC
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is one of the most common issues reported by men in regard to their sexual health. Affecting thousands of men every year, erectile dysfunction can be a source of stress for men who experience the condition. In fact, approximately 50% or more of men over age 40 experience erectile dysfunction to some degree. Dr. H. Mallory Reeves, MD provides results-oriented treatment at his Greenville, North Carolina office for this troublesome condition that often causes confidence issues and a diminished sex life. By underlying causes, Dr. Reeves helps patients address and remedy erectile dysfunction to get them back to an enjoyable sex life.
If you’ve been having issues with erectile dysfunction, board-certified and fellowship-trained urologist H. Mallory Reeves, MD, FACS, can help set you on a path to improved sexual health. Request an appointment online or by phone today to learn more.
When Should You Talk to Dr. Reeves about Erectile Dysfunction?
You should make an appointment to talk to Dr. Reeves about erectile dysfunction if your symptoms are interfering with your sex life or your self-confidence. Dr. Reeves provides a thorough exam to identify the cause of your symptoms including a blood test, ultrasound or other diagnostic tests to look for physical issues that prevent you from getting an erection. He will ask about your symptoms, lifestyle, and overall health. Dr. Reeves may also ask about your mental health and relationship status.
What is Erectile Dysfunction?
Erectile Dysfunction: It’s common, and it’s treatable.
If you are dealing with erectile dysfunction (ED), you are not alone: nearly one in every four men over sixty-five will experience some degree of erectile dysfunction.1 Younger men often struggle with ED as well. By taking the time to educate yourself about ED, you’ve made an important first step in finding a solution to erectile dysfunction (impotence).
Erectile Dysfunction is the consistent inability to sustain an erection sufficient for sexual intercourse.
Erectile Dysfunction can be:
- A total inability to achieve an erection – You can never get an erection.
- An inconsistent ability to do so – You can only occasionally get an erection.
- A tendency to sustain only brief erections – You can get an erection, but can’t keep it long enough for satisfying sex.
What Causes ED?
As a result of recent medical research, it is now known that more than 80% of men suffering from ED can trace its origin to a physical problem or disorder.
For most men, the cause of ED can now be fairly easily identified. Once identified, proper treatment can be recommended that may help you return them to a satisfying sex life.
ED can be caused by physical disorders such as:
- An injury (i.e. brain or spinal cord)
- A disease (i.e. diabetes, high blood pressure, or high cholesterol)
- Various studies have estimated that between 20% – 71% of individuals with diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction.2
- An operation (i.e. prostate gland removal)
- Substance use (i.e. tobacco, drugs, alcohol or medications)
Other facts about Erectile Dysfunction (Impotence):
- Approximately 30 million American men suffer from erectile dysfunction.
- Most men with erectile dysfunction still have the ability to have an orgasm and father a child, but often have difficulty doing these things because they can’t get or sustain an erection.
- Erectile dysfunction is not normal and is by no means an inevitable consequence of aging.
- Most men at one time or another during their sexual lives are unable to get or keep an erection. This is normal and does not indicate a problem. However, millions of men of all ages experience this inability as a continuing problem.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be overcome.
- Rosen R, et al. The process of care model for evaluation and treatment of erectile dysfunction. Int’l J. Impotence Research. 1999; 11, 59-74,
- Penson D, et al. Erectile Dysfunction in Diabetic Patients. Diabetes Spectrum. 2004, Vol 17, No. 4, 225-230.
Schedule Your ED Appointment with Greenville's ED Expert
Because of his expertise, Dr. Reeves has men driving to see him from surrounding areas of Wilson, Kinston, New Bern, Goldsboro and Rocky Mount. If erectile dysfunction is standing in the way of you having the sex life you want, call (252)752-5077 or request an appointment online today.